Specialist services to protect assets in the residential sector
Flood defence and a leak detection system specially developed for the residential market
The Environment Agency warns that over five million properties in the UK are at risk of flooding by rivers, the sea and surface water flooding from overflowing drains. There is also a growing requirement from insurers of residential properties to have a leak detection and a flood prevention system in place.
Andel has gained a wealth of experience in the science and technology involved in the protection of the built and natural environments from water and gas leaks, oil spills and surface-water drainage problems. The business is looking to familiar, tried and tested technologies and adapting to effective flood defence and residential leak detection applications.
As the frequency of flood incidents increases, there is a growing risk to properties not adequately protected by flood defences or not covered by the Environment Agency flood warning system. Andel is now investing in flood defence and warning systems to protect UK properties.
Andel has developed a range of flood defence products including Andel FloodWall and Andel FloodPump.
An innovative design that has been specially adapted for the flood defence market from Andel’s market-leading ReBund. ReBund is a tried and tested containment product that has been installed nationwide for thousands of electrical distributors and oil storage site operators, protecting assets and the environment for over a decade.
Andel FloodWall is a modular, low-cost, perimeter flood defence system designed to give long-term peace of mind to homes and businesses at threat from local flood incidents. Robust, cost-effective and easy to install, Andel FloodWall is constructed from 100% non-porous, post-industrial plastic waste, with steel reinforcement for added strength.
- Cost-effective compared to traditional flood defence systems
- A modular system designed for easy transportation and speedy on-site assembly
- Suitable for both new build and retrofit installations, residential and commercial
- Environmentally friendly, reducing your carbon footprint compared to an all-concrete construction
- Constructed from nonporous, durable, 100% post-industrial recycled plastic waste
- Aesthetically sympathetic with a wood grain textured finish
- Steel reinforced for added strength.
- Built to withstand the force of floodwater
Andel FloodPump is an industry-unique, advanced, alarm and automatic flood pump system that can be deployed inside or out, protecting buildings and protected areas at risk from flooding. The system works continuously and automatically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Andel FloodPump has been specially developed and adapted for the flood defence market from Andel’s market-leading BundGuard – a tried and tested product that has been installed nationwide for thousands of electrical distributors and oil storage site operators, protecting assets and the environment for over 25 years.
The system is flexible and can be configured to manage a range of different flood risk scenarios.
- Can be deployed inside or out
- Operates up to two flood pumps
- Sends SMS text alarm notifications and updates to mobile devices
- Automatically controls other flood defence closure equipment such as flood gates, flood doors and drain flaps
- Provided system staus alerts
- Works continuously and automatically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Andel can also provide a range of manual and automatic closure devices such as flood gates, flood doors and drain flaps as well as providing assistance to self-help groups and flood defence volunteer groups with a range of discounted products and applications for flood defence grants.
Andel FlowStop is ideal for residential customers, property developers and agents managing multi-occupancy residential developments.
In response to the growing requirement from insurers of residential properties to have a leak detection and a flood prevention system in place, Andel has launched FlowStop – a cost-effective and easy-to-install automatic water leak detection and mains shut-off system, offering 24-hour protection against internal flooding.
The WRAS Approved system is fully automated, easy to install and has been specially developed for residential properties.
- Freeze Protection: Shuts off the mains water supply if the temperature falls below 3°C
- Time Out Protection: Shuts off the mains water supply if water has been running for more than 15 minutes
- Excess Flow Protection: Shuts off the mains water supply if FlowStop senses that there has been a burst pipe or there is an abnormal flow of water
- 24-Hour Non-use Protection: Shuts off the mains water supply if no water has been used for 24 hours
- Reset Button: Resets the system and allows the mains water to flow again
- Bypass Feature: Turns monitoring off for 1 hour
- Vacate Mode: Allows you to turn off the mains water supply for short periods of time, for instance, when away for a few days or on holiday
- Pad Detectors: Optional water leak detection sensors for monitoring vulnerable areas like washing machines and dishwashers are also available
For more information about our range of bespoke services for the residential market, please contact Aaron Brian.