Andel SumpGuard – automatic sump frost protector
A unique, simple and cost-effective solution to freezing temperatures
Andel SumpGuard provides additional protection to the Andel BundGuard system when installed in oil storage environments that are susceptible to freezing temperatures.
The SumpGuard system automatically monitors and modulates the temperature in the sump 24/7 with a fully submersible heating element that prevents water in the sump from freezing. SumpGuard allows the BundGuard system to operate to full efficiency ensuring bunded areas remain free of water wherever there is a risk of freezing weather conditions.
The industry-unique SumpGuard system has been developed by Andel in response to site operators across Europe requiring a hassle-free solution to the challenges of operating efficiently and fully compliant in freezing conditions.
Andel SumpGuard is energy efficient, only using enough energy to prevent water in the sump from freezing – and automatically switching the heating element off when not required.
Benefits of Andel SumpGuard to site operators
- Prevents water in the sump from freezing
- Allows the BundGuard system to operate efficiently in freezing temperatures, ensuring ongoing compliance
- Can be integrated into a new BundGuard installation or retrofitted to an existing BundGuard system – no need for a full system replacement
- Cost-effective, low energy use and can save on costly repairs
- Extends pump life and protects the BundGuard system by preventing damage caused by the effects of freezing water in the sump
- Minimal maintenance required
- Capability to connect to any BMS
The Andel SumpGuard system comprises of a control panel and fully submersible ceramic heating element and is designed to prevent water from freezing in a sump size of 600mm x 600mm x 600mm.
- Power supply: 230v AC at 2 amps maximum
- RCD and over-current protected supply
- Dimensions: W 285mm x H 235mm x D 112mm
- Construction: IP 68 ABS enclosure with a MAINS ON lamp, HEATER ON lamp and rotary isolator switch
- Power supply: 230v AC at a current load rating of approx 1.3 amps, maximum power consumption 300 watts
- Dimensions: W 55mm x H 286mm x D 32mm
- Construction: Fully submersible 300 watt ceramic heating element protected with a hard plastic mesh
- Air temperature activation:
- Set by user (factory default setting at +5ºC)
- Air temperature deactivation: When the temperature rises above the set point
Health and Safety
Because the system uses a submersible electrical device in water, strict levels of safety should be followed. All electrical supplies must be isolated before handling or maintaining this system. Installation must only be carried out by trained personnel or a qualified electrician.
Andel SumpGuard is a unique, simple and cost-effective solution providing additional protection to the Andel BundGuard system when installed in oil storage environments that are susceptible to freezing temperatures.
View all downloads