Andel FloodWall® is a modular, low-cost, perimeter flood defence system designed to give long-term peace of mind to homes and businesses at threat from local flood incidents. Robust, cost-effective and easy to install. Panels and posts are constructed from 100% nonporous, post-industrial plastic waste, with steel-pipe reinforced posts for added strength and a robust installation.
Andel FloodWall® is the cost-effective, environmentally friendly alternative for perimeter flood defence and is suited to commercial, residential, new build and retrofit installations.
- Cost-effective compared to traditional flood defence systems.
- A modular system designed for easy transportation and speedy on-site assembly.
- Suitable for both new build and retrofit installations, both residential and commercial.
- Panels and posts are constructed from nonporous, durable, 100% post-industrial recycled plastic waste.
- Environmentally friendly, reducing your carbon footprint compared to an all-concrete construction.
- Aesthetically sympathetic with a wood-effect finish.
- Steel reinforced posts for a robust installation.
Easy transportation and on-site assembly
Andel FloodWall® is a modular design which allows for easy transportation and can be quickly assembled on site in a similar way to conventional perimeter wood fencing.
Environmentally-friendly robust construction
The panels and posts are constructed from nonporous, durable, 100% post-industrial recycled plastic waste with steel pipe reinforcement running through each post to provide added strength and a robust installation. The panels are fitted with horizontal ridge supports to prevent bending if under pressure from floodwater. The panels and posts have an aesthetically sympathetic wood-effect finish to blend into any environment.
Water reslilient installation
Andel FloodWall® can be installed onto soft ground or onto an existing, suitable hard surface.
The posts are set in into a concrete foundation providing a robust and effective weight-bearing structure.
The panels are secured to the posts with self-tapping screws through the front of the panels, compressing the waterproof gasket, tightening securely into the posts.
The panels are set into the ground by 100mm to create a water seal.
Built to resist the force of floodwater
In a flood event, the greatest force is exerted where the flood defence meets the ground. Special care and development has been undertaken to ensure that the Andel FloodWall® will withstand the full force of floodwater in a flood event.
Andel FloodWall® steel-pipe reinforced posts are fitted deep into the ground to the same height as the wall, into a concrete foundation, providing a level of strength that will resist the weight of floodwater in the severest of floods*
*Andel FloodWall® has been designed and tested to meet the requirements of British Standard BS 851188-1:2019 for Flood resistance products.
Andel FloodWall® modular construction and installation
- Panels and posts are constructed from nonporous, durable, 100% post-industrial plastic waste with an aesthetically sympathetic wood-effect finish.
- Joints between panels and posts are sealed with a compressed waterproof gasket that tightens under pressure.
- Panels are fitted with horizontal ridge supports to prevent the panels from bending if under pressure from floodwater.
- Steel pipes run through the length of the posts for added reinforcement.
- The panels sink below ground level to create a waterproof seal.
- The posts sink deep into a concrete foundation below ground level to the same depth as the height of the wall, providing the strength to resist the force of floodwater.
Panel size and height of defences
The height of the flood defence is calculated based on a flood risk assessment.
Panels are available in two sizes: 60cm high x 192cm wide or 80cm high x 192cm wide
If the defences need to exceed the maximum standard panel height, panels can be doubled up to give extra height. The added panels are sealed with a watertight gasket and additional supports are added to ensure the defence meets the correct requirements.
Andel FloodWall® is an innovative, modular, cost-effective perimeter flood defence system designed to prevent damage to your assets from floodwater.
View all downloads