FloodPump is an industry-unique, advanced, alarm and automatic flood pump system that can be deployed inside or out, protecting buildings and protected areas at risk from flooding. The system works continuously and automatically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
FloodPump has been specially developed and adapted for the flood defence market from Andel’s market-leading BundGuard®. BundGuard® is a tried and trusted automatic bund dewatering solution that has been installed in the UK and overseas for thousands of electrical distributors and oil storage site operators, protecting assets and the environment for 30 years.
Not all features are standard, FloodPump is a modular design which means you only pay for what you need. The system is flexible and can be configured to manage a range of different flood risk scenarios.
The system comprises a submersible sensor unit and integrated automatic pump or pumps – all housed below ground level within a sump – and a wall-mounted advanced control panel.
- Send SMS text alarm notifications and updates to mobile devices
- Operate up to two flood pumps
- Automatically control other equipment such as flood gates, flood doors and automatic closure devices on drains
- Send alarm notifications and logs via Modbus to a Building Management System (BMS)
- Provide system status alerts
The robust stainless steel insertion unit is equipped with a number of probes that can be set to levels to suit the flood risk in any given scenario.
Wall-mounted controller unit
The wall-mounted controller recognises conductivity between the probes and performs a multitude of automatic functions. Output relays provide round-the-clock system status alerts.
FloodPump standard pump operates at a rate of 150 litres per minute. The system can also operate two pumps – either alternating to share the load or running simultaneously as a booster system. There is also an option to install larger capacity pumps if required.
Example of how a typical cycle can work in a protected area during a flood event with rising and falling water levels
An industry-unique solution
- The unique system can automatically perform a multitude of functions and can be configured to fit individual requirements.
- The controller sends outward alarm notifications by SMS – to inform that the system is active and protecting the property.
- The controller can notify BMS via Modbus.
- The system automatically pumps out flood water and has the capability to operate two pumps both alternately and simultaneously. There is also an option to install a larger capacity pump or pumps if required.
- FloodPump, through output relays, can also control a range of anti-flood devices such as flood gates, flood doors and drain closure devices.
System status alerts
Loss of mains power – a total loss of mains power would trigger an alarm and outward SMS notifications powered by back-up battery – the pump cannot activate without mains power unless the system is supported by back-up generators.
System disable – this is a failsafe for detected faults, for example if the probes activate in the wrong order it indicates external tampering and not water. In this case the pumps would not activate and an SMS message would be sent to advise there was a major fault caused by third-party tampering*.
Maintenance alerts - the system will recognise fluctuations in the performance of the pump or pumps and will send SMS notifications if and when the system requires servicing.
*All pumps require regular maintenance and the insertion unit and probes should also be checked at regular intervals. This work should be undertaken by a qualified engineer, however it is important that the maintenance work is undertaken and completed correctly. The system will detect engineer faults such as the pump not being re-fitted properly or testing equipment being left in the insertion unit. If there are any engineer or third-party tampering faults detected, SMS alarm notifications will automatically be sent out.
Andel FloodPump® is an industry-unique, advanced, alarm and automatic flood pump system that can be deployed inside or out, protecting buildings and protected areas at risk from flooding. The system works continuously and automatically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
View all downloads